Community Development Venture Capital
EDCO Ventures is currently fundraising for its community development venture capital fund called Innovación Fund. The fund will invest equity in companies with positive social returns and financial returns. In other words, while we intend to make money for our investors, we also know that developing regions may need more time and that not all conventional “exit” strategies benefit the local community.
- Green and Clean Technologies
- Software and Web 2.0
Each portfolio company is meticulously researched for high value-added potential using the following criteria:
- High Growth: Capable of generating $50 Million in sales per year or capturing 10% of their market
- Market: Product, Business Model and/or technology has recognizable competitive advantages. Technologies should be unique and have high demand and margin potential.
- Intellectual Property: Patented, patent-pending or patentable technology or technologies.
Creating innovative companies and jobs with living wages in developing regions and low-income communities.
- Job Generation: Capable of employing at least 500 individuals in 10 years
- Located in Economically Distressed Region or Ownership by Under-represented group
- Extra Credit for being a Social Venture: enterprises with a “double-bottom-line” that combine a revenue-generating business with a social-value generating component (e.g. clean energy, biotech, etc)