EDCO Ventures approach is a hybrid of social enterprise and for profit practices. Beginning with the core of the organization itself, EDCO pursues its mission by:
- Incorporating revenue producing programs that can help EDCO ventures maintain its programs and services in the target area
Providing entrepreneurial support services directly and through regional partners
- Implementing its venture development program to seed distressed regions with success stories
- Capitalizing its own community development venture capital fund for early stage investments
- Leverage its equity investments with subordinated debt, mezzanine financing, and syndicating its investments with other private equity groups.
Through these practices EDCO Ventures can continue to provide world-class assistance to the emerging base of entrepreneurs in its target areas. EDCO plans to focus its efforts on the Texas/Mexico border and central and south Texas. Secondary program targets are expansion into other areas of high need and concentrated poverty to help other community development corporation and small business organizations catalyze economic activity in their regions. EDCO continuously receives numerous requests for assistance.
EDCO Ventures works with selected entrepreneurs to qualify, incubate, and capitalize a new enterprise. EDCO’s key contributions include:
- Founder Level Capital
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Raising Capital
- Management Team and Board Recruitment
- Mentoring and Networking
- Pre-Seed Investment (Ventures only)
Community Development Venture Capital
EDCO Ventures is currently fundraising for its community development venture capital fund called Innovacion Investments. The fund will invest equity in companies with positive social returns and financial returns. In other words, while we intend to make money for our investors, we also know that developing regions may need more time and that not all conventional “exit” strategies benefit the local community.
EDCO Ventures continues to add additional partners to its capital network. If you are an angel investor or fund manager and would like more information on our business model and investment opportunities, please contact us.