Are you an entrepreneur with an innovative business idea? Are you looking for a partner to help you grow your business and become profitable? Are you looking for management assistance and expertise? If so, then EDCO Ventures would like to talk to you. We are actively looking for innovative companies that can drive economic development particularly in historically disadvantaged or underdeveloped regions.
- HIGH LIKELIHOOD OF SIGNIFICANT GROWTH POTENTIAL: Businesses launched should have the potential of generating at least $20 million in sales per year (within 5 years of capitalization). And contributing to the local tax bases of the counties and communities in which they are located.
- EXISTENCE OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP): IP offers a competitive advantage to enterprises in the market place. The existence of IP ownership or licensing agreements is highly valued in the selection process. EDCO Ventures does not fund R&D activities; however, it does partner with IP owners (universities, labs, and/or people) to commercialize their technologies.
- PRESENCE OF SUBSTANTIVE MARKET DEMAND: The economic development ventures/projects need to demonstrate realizable market opportunity.
- HIGH LIKELIHOOD OF NEW JOBS AND INCREASED RATES OF PAY: EDCO feels job creation is a crucial component; therefore businesses must be capable of employing a minimum of 50 individuals within 5 years, at rates of pay above the current local averages. However, if the opportunity for job creation is significantly high for a particular enterp, this aspect will carry great weight in the
- INVESTMENT PROFILE: Companies seeki or 2 rounds of financing for a total of $1M – $100M.
The picture below highlights EDCO Venture’s historical engagement model. It is also a visual representation of the typical launch pathway for an early stage company. Through consulting, micro-investments, and growth investments, EDCO Ventures has collaborated with entrepreneurs, intellectual property owners, federal agencies, and capital groups to qualify ideas and technologies, virtually incubate companies, and raise capital from institutional investors.
Take a look at our current portfolio .
Apply to become a partner company with EDCO via Gust